Friday, January 7, 2011

Homework Box

My oldest child started Kindergarten last August (oh, how they grow up so fast!) and has been bringing home homework since the 2nd week of September. Since when did they start giving Kindergarteners homework?! What happened to enjoying the afternoon playing after being at school ALL day (yes, ALL DAY kindergarten!) :::SIGH::: but I digress...

Since I have been a student myself for a while now, my son would constantly want to do "homework" with me even before he was old enough to understand what homework was. Now that he has his own, he has been proudly asking every day when he comes home "can we do our homework now?" :::PICKS HERSELF UP OFF THE FLOOR::: Now only if this could last forever...

I needed a way to organize the things he was constantly using after school: crayons, pencils, glue, etc. I hated how everything was in a different spot and in a different container. Then I saw the perfect solution on Just a Girl. I couldn't find any like the ones she used, but when I saw these at IKEA, I fell in love!

Here's my finished product!






My son was doing homework at the time I took the pictures, so what you don't see is the glue stick and scissors that go in the box as well. We keep markers, pencils (his teacher gives them away as prizes, in case you're wondering why we have so many different kinds!), erasers (more prizes), crayons, and of course a pencil sharpener because he must always have a sharp pencil (I HATE dull pencils...) I love how those little dividers are adjustable so as he gets bigger and his needs change, he can do it himself. And nothing says "MINE!" more than a little personalization.

So how do you all organize your kids' school supplies and make homework fun?

Linking to:

No comments:

Post a Comment